Mary Sefton Fraser Tytler Watts, wife of the Victorian portrait painter George Frederick Watts, established the pottery c1899 as an extension to her clay modelling class. itself a result of the discovery of clay at their home "Limnerslease" (painters place) c1890. She was also an artist having studied at the Slade and South Kensington School of Art.
They produced decorative wares and figures plus some larger scale architectural items such as Sundials, jardinieres and pedestals for exterior uses. SEE - http://meridiangallery.blogspot.com/2010/11/compton-potters-art-guild-1899-1954.html