Thursday, 2 June 2011

Cyril Power - Printmaker

Here's one I prepared earlier.

I was saving this photo for a full scale posting on Cyril Power and the Grosvenor School. However, I can't really do justice to the subject as having never owned any of the linocuts from their best period. I could cut paste a few picture, but too many of them are copyrighted.

So here is an original signed print by Cyril Power - not what you hoped for, but I guess even the most talented artists have to be commercial at some point.



Why he decided to strictly limit the edition to 164 signed proof ?? Sounds more than enough to me, I wonder whether they were all printed and sold ? Technically excellent and beautifully observed, but like a lot of these black line etchings, a little soul less.

If you do want to look at the linocuts then - click here - to take you to google image page.
Post a Comment