A small scale pottery established by Sir Edmund Elton (8th Baronet) at the family seat Clevedon Court in Somerset. Established in c1881 and continued until 1922, two years after Edmunds death. They produced some beautiful works of art, shiny streaky slip wares decorated with incised flower and a group of experimental crackle glazed pots using metal oxides such as platinum. Some of these are quite large scale but all are fragile.
Typically marked with painted marks, although sometimes lost under the glazes.
There is one book on the subject, plus an article in British Ceramic Art (front cover pot)